Dr Ekberg's Gluten Free Brownies
We make this for parties and people love them! No one can tell they are gluten free. With the fat of the nuts it helps control blood sugar spikes.
- 1 1/4 cup semi sweet chocolate chips
- 6 Tablespoons salted butter (you could use 1/4 cup coconut oil)
- 1/2 cup very finely chopped pecans (we put whole pecans in the Vitamix blender - you could use almonds)
- 1/4 cup (60ml) cacao power or unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 cup of walnuts
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup sugar (you probably could use stevia, but we haven't tried it yet)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs
- Preheat oven 350 F
- Melt chocolate chips and butter in a double broiler on low heat and stir frequently. When it is completely melted and combined set it aside to cool.
- In a mixing bowl, stir together the chopped pecans, cacao powder, walnuts, and salt.
- In another mixing bowl, use a hand mixer on low and combine the sugar and vanilla. Add 1 egg and mix for 5 seconds. Repeat with the second egg. Do not overmix! That is the secret to brownies.
- Very gentle combine the chocolate/butter mixture into the sugar/vanilla/egg mixture. Remember don't mix too much.
- Very gently fold in the pecan/cacao/walnut/salt mixture into the other ingredients. Again don't mix much.
- Pour batter into a 8x8inch pyrex dish.
- Cook 30-35 minutes