If you need a more accessible version of this website, click this button on the right.
Switch to Accessible Site
You are using an outdated browser. Please upgrade your browser to improve your experience.
Leftovers & Cleaning the Fridge Recipe
- Pick a starchy vegetable and cook until just softened (around 15 minutes):
example: sweet potato, squash, and/or carrot
- Add some flavorings to the pan:
example: garlic, ginger, onions, shallots, rosemary, thyme, sage, and/or cinnamon
- Add one or two vegetables to the pan and cook until almost completely soft:
example: broccoli, cauliflower and/or zucchini
- In the last couple of minutes, add some greens
example: kale, chard, spinach, and/or collard greens
- If you want, add some leftover cooked protein:
example: shredded chicken or duck shredded or ground beef salmon and/or bacon
- Add some salt to taste and serve warm.
- carrot, cauliflower, sage, and chard cooked in bacon grease (bacon must be nitrate free)
- squash, chard and cinnamon cooked in coconut oil
- carrot, cauliflower, and kale cooked in with bacon and chicken
- sweet potato, mushroom, and kale with bacon and salmon (bacon must be nitrate free)