We make this for parties and people love them! No one can tell they are gluten free. With the fat of the nuts it helps control blood sugar spikes.
- 1 1/4 cup semi sweet chocolate chips
- 6 Tablespoons salted butter (you could use 1/4 cup coconut oil)
- 1/2 cup very finely chopped pecans (we put whole pecans in the Vitamix blender - you could use almonds)
- 1/4 cup (60ml) cacao power or unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 cup of walnuts
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup sugar (you probably could use stevia, but we haven't tried it yet)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs
- Preheat oven 350 F
- Melt chocolate chips and butter in a double broiler on low heat and stir frequently. When it is completely melted and combined set it aside to cool.
- In a mixing bowl, stir together the chopped pecans, cacao powder, walnuts, and salt.
- In another mixing bowl, use a hand mixer on low and combine the sugar and vanilla. Add 1 egg and mix for 5 seconds. Repeat with the second egg. Do not overmix! That is the secret to brownies.
- Very gentle combine the chocolate/butter mixture into the sugar/vanilla/egg mixture. Remember don't mix too much.
- Very gently fold in the pecan/cacao/walnut/salt mixture into the other ingredients. Again don't mix much.
- Pour batter into a 8x8inch pyrex dish.
- Cook 30-35 minutes